Workplace Benefits: Making Life Better for Employees
Employees are always concerned about workplace benefits. These benefits make things easier for employees, and are a major factor for most Americans when choosing a job. Employers offers these benefits for a number of reasons, one being it’s a great way to attract reliable employees.
Popular Workplace Benefits
Some benefits are more popular than others. And some are little known or not often a part of benefits packages. Below are some benefits you might be able to acquire as part of your benefits.
1. Long-term care insurance, which covers care not covered by health insurance, Medicaid or Medicare.
2. Disability insurance, which pays a portion of your income should you get hurt and become unable to work.
3. Critical illness/cancer insurance is a policy that provides a lump sum of money in case you are diagnosed with a critical illness such as cancer. It also covers events such as having a heart attack.
4. Accident insurance helps you with expenses that result from an accident that causes fractures and other covered accidental injuries.
5. Universal life insurance is a cash value life insurance policy. That means the insurance gains interest that you can use for any purpose. You must pay it back before you die or the death benefit is reduced.
Learn which workplace benefits are offered by your employee.